Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cupcakes and Sunshine




Well Hello Blogger Friends!
I know I have been missing for a while. I have been creating a little bit here and there but life has been one incredible roller coaster lately! We had the holidays and I became a Grammie again to one precious young lady! She is gorgeous and I love taking care of her and her Mommy. We cannot forget of course those two adorable grandsons I already just adore!

I have made so many crafting promises to myself for this new year and I am hoping to keep them all. First and foremost, share my love of crafting again. It has been a trying task to get everything all in a row lately and I know it just needs to be done.

I enjoyed making my November thank you cards/projects so much, I wanted to make February my birthday month. It is almost over already, but I want to try and get at least one birthday project per day. Birthdays always creep up and I love to have already made goodies to pull from :)

Today's projects are from three different stamp companies...Kraftin' Kimmie "Mae", My Favorite Things "Hello Cupcake" and an oldie but goodie from Stampin Up "Ladybug Picnic"
Another one of my goals is to pull out some of my oldies and get some new use out of them. 
I used some pretty simple layouts with these just trying to make them a little easier to mail since the rates keep flying up. I'm not going to lie, I LOVE a 3D card, but there is something said for simplicity as well.

I hope you have enjoyed my quick projects today. Thanks for hanging in there and coming on by. I have a lot of ideas in my head and hope they come out on paper as I plan. One never knows :)

Share with you soon...and YES I mean it!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Deb, I think your life is a picnic card is SO STINKIN' CUTE!! LOVE IT. I have a question for you: How did you do the order with the squiggles and straight lines? Is it a stamp? if so, can you tell me name and manufacturer pls? thanks~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny...I actually just took a ruler along the edge and made some lines stopping every now and then and adding the squiggles in all the blank areas..Super easy, but I love how it gives that empty space something for the eye to look at. Give it a try..It's fun doodling too :)

      Delete